Based in Mumbai, India
Project Heera is a Tactical PvP Heist game designed for PC and Consoles. Teams of Guardians and Raiders face-off in a closed arena to steal the most number of diamonds. Players can use stealth, tactics and strategic combinations of skills and gadgets to outplay each other. The Guardians have an aggressive arsenal of weapons and traps, whereas the Raiders thrive on gadgets of deception and confusion.
Project Heera began as a small prototype made in 3 days for a gamejam. It had square graphics, no sound design and a book was needed to divide the screen to play. It still went on to win the jam and from there, Heera has went through many development cycles, evolving and getting better each time. After almost being disqualified at Dare to be Digital 2013 for reaching a week late due to visa issues, Project Heera bagged a victory at Dare and was nominated for the BAFTA Ones to watch award 2014. The team disbanded later, but Project Heera continues to explore and evolve and shall soon hit early access !
- A hybrid genre with elements from top down shooters, MOBAs and tactical stealth games
- Mechanics heavy on risk - reward gamble
- Contrasting sets of characters ( Aggression vs Stealth )
- Over 12 gadgets to mix and match with every machine
- Destructible environments
Pre Alpha 2015 Oct YouTube
Concept Prototype 2013 YouTube
Developer Interview by Gameplanet 2014 YouTube
Gamejam version showcase at NGDC 2012 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Stugan Selection" Sweden, 2015
- "BAFTA Ones to Watch Nominee" UK, 2014
- "Indiecade E3 Selection" USA, 2014
- "Dare to be Digital Winner" Scotland, 2013
- "NGDC Popular Student Game Of The Year Winner" India, 2013
- "NGDC BYOG Winner" India, 2012
- "Project Heera is unique, exciting and showed depth well beyond that of its simple premise. It was the surprise of the show at E3 2014!"
- MMO ATTACK, MMO ATTACK
- "BYOG 2012 winner Project Heera nominated for BAFTA award."
- MCV India, MCV India
- "India's Tanmay Chinchkar joins Journey, LBP, Rez developers on documentary project."
- IVG, IVG
- "NGDC 2012: Top-down stealth title Heera wins BYOG sprint"
- MCV India, MCV India
About Tanmay Chinchkar
Tanmay is a game designer from Mumbai interested in multiplayer games, especially eSports.
More information on Tanmay Chinchkar, our logo & relevant media are available here.
PROJECT HEERA Credits
Game Designer, Developer
Neeraj Shastry, Shashank Dhongde, Shriram Srinivasan, Dhruv Dave